What is WordPress?
WordPress is an open source content management system (CMS) that has evolved into one of the most popular website publishing systems in the world. Around 75,000,000 websites are using WordPress in 2018, this is about 27% of the internet.
Why choose WordPress?
I have tried a few other CMS and found WordPress most flexible and also easiest to use for the customer and also for myself.
- If one has basic computer skills, it is easy to add new posts and pages to the website. That means you`re also not dependent on your initial webmaster/website developing company.
- As there are thousands of plugins (little programs) available on the market, one can get desired technical solutions to the website for friendly prices.
- WordPress is flexible, there are plenty of design templates available.
- WordPress sites focus on SEO (search engine optimization).
- WordPress supports various file types. You can expect to upload files like .jpg, .png, .gif .pdf, .doc, .pptx, .mp3, .m4a, .mp4, .mov, .wmv, and .avi. Along with that, you won’t have any problems with more obscure file types like .odt, .key, .ogg, and .3gp. If there is a file type which is not supported by default, there are good solutions to get around this.
- WordPress has a high-security standard.
- It gets better every day – there is a huge community behind it who helps to develope it.
WordPress websites suit various needs, you can create any type of website with that:
Marketing and brand websites
E-shops (about 40% of web-shops using WooCommerce)
News & events sites